Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Sugar Cookies

My son had a fall party in his class today so I got to bake the sugar cookies shaped into yummy pumpkins. The cookies were a big hit so I thought I would pass along my recipe.  I wish I would have taken pictures along the way while making these cookies.  I am a visual person and can usually figure things out better when I see them.  Next time I make them I will take pictures.  But for now I will try to explain the process I use.


Great way to travel with cookies in a Longaberger basket


I think one thing that makes these so yummy is I use wax paper to roll out the dough instead of using flour. That seems to cut down on making them taste like flour! Prepare the recipe for no-fail sugar cookies and simply refrigerate the cookie dough for at least 2 hours, when you are ready to begin cut outs take a small portion of dough and place between two sheets of wax paper.  Roll out dough (you will get a serious work out!) to desired thickness and cut out shapes.  Place cookies gently onto cookie sheet and bake.  Be sure not to over bake the cookies.  I always feel they are almost not done yet when I remove them.  As long as you can get them off the sheet they are done.  Let cookies cool on a cooling rack.  Remove the cookies as soon as they have cooled enough to stay together and place them in a single layer on a cookie sheet in the freezer.  You only need to have them in the freezer a short time and then they can placed in a freezable container or I use a gallon ziplock.  They will not stick together once they have been frozen.  The cookies can stay frozen right up until you use them.  I will even frost them while they are still frozen.  Great recipe for Christmas cookies, or even give aways.



I hope you enjoy them!  We sure did!

No Fail Sugar Cookie Recipe link here!